A reminder of the principles and guidance agreed by the NHS Executive Group in October 2011 for managing the transition from the NHS Direct 0845 service to NHS 111 has been issued.
The principles and guidance are:
- to safeguard patients at every stage
- to protect the public purse
- to provide continuity of service until alternative arrangements are in place
- to provide continuity of employment for people in roles that will continue to be productive in the NHS 111 context
- to maintain high standards of governance and accountability
Read the guidance and principles in the letter NHS Direct 0845 4647 transition to NHS 111.