This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
Dedicated team for government communications during London 2012 opens for business this week.
The Government Olympic Communication (GOC) press office will go live from tomorrow.
It will provide a single point of contact for London 2012-related media enquiries on behalf of all UK Government departments and agencies from the arrival of the Olympic Torch in the UK until the end of the Paralympic Games on 9 September.
It will be run by existing communications staff from across Government and will provide:
- a dedicated team to deal with media queries related to the Government’s role in London 2012;
- a single place to request interviews with ministers from across Government;
- media opportunities in the run-up to the Games;
- a dedicated website for the media, bringing together news on the Games from across Government;
- @2012govpress - a dedicated press office twitter feed.
The GOC team will operate seven days a week and can be contacted on +44 (0)20 7271 1700 and firstname.lastname@example.org
- 14 May - 24 June: 0800 - 1800
- 25 June - 8 July: 0700 - 2200
- 16 July - 12 August: 24 hours a day
- 13 August - 26 August: 0700 - 2200
- 27 August - 9 September: 24 hours a day
A duty press officer will be available outside of office hours.