Dedicated team for government communications during London 2012 opens for business this week.
The Government Olympic Communication (GOC) press office will go live from tomorrow.
It will provide a single point of contact for London 2012-related media enquiries on behalf of all UK Government departments and agencies from the arrival of the Olympic Torch in the UK until the end of the Paralympic Games on 9 September.
It will be run by existing communications staff from across Government and will provide:
- a dedicated team to deal with media queries related to the Government’s role in London 2012;
- a single place to request interviews with ministers from across Government;
- media opportunities in the run-up to the Games;
- a dedicated website for the media, bringing together news on the Games from across Government;
- @2012govpress - a dedicated press office twitter feed.
The GOC team will operate seven days a week and can be contacted on +44 (0)20 7271 1700 and firstname.lastname@example.org
- 14 May - 24 June: 0800 - 1800
- 25 June - 8 July: 0700 - 2200
- 16 July - 12 August: 24 hours a day
- 13 August - 26 August: 0700 - 2200
- 27 August - 9 September: 24 hours a day
A duty press officer will be available outside of office hours.