Fundraising training programme for small charities now open
Charities can sign up for a range of free and low cost training opportunities through our small charities fundraising training programme.
Following a competitive tender process, we have selected the Foundation for Social Improvement (FSI) to run the programme in partnership with the Small Charities Coalition, Localgiving and the Charities Finance Group.
They will provide training opportunities for small charities, from face-to-face training, to intensive one-to-one advice sessions, skilled volunteering matches and webinars. These will cover topics including:
- developing a fundraising strategy
- fundraising from trusts and foundations
- developing corporate relationships
- crowdfunding and online fundraising
How to get involved
The first year’s training programme has been announced, comprising of the following opportunities:
- face-to-face training
- face-to-face workshops
- telephone advice sessions
- 30 minute and 1.5 hour webinars
- a Small Charity Fundraising Conference in Leeds
- a skilled volunteering mentoring programme
- bursaries to the FSI’s Fundraising Award Qualification which will be running throughout the year
Providers will also develop and share fundraising training resources and toolkits to support small charities who might not be able to attend training.