My first report on the EU Settlement Scheme was published on 2 May 2019. This covered the development of the Scheme up to the conclusion of the second Private Beta phase in January 2019.
On 30 March 2019, the Scheme was opened to everyone who is eligible and I am about to begin a further inspection to examine how it is working. To that end, I am inviting anyone with knowledge and experience of the Scheme to write to me by 31 May 2019 with their evidence.
If you are intending to submit evidence, you may find it helpful to refer to the ‘ICIBI’s Expectations’, since these will inform (but not limit) my approach. In particular, I am keen to receive evidence relating to whether:
- Information is easy to find, understand and use
- Processes are simple to follow and transparent
- Home Office staff appear knowledgeable and competent
- Decisions and actions are ‘right first time’
- Errors are identified, acknowledged and promptly ‘put right’
Please note that I am not empowered to investigate individual applications or to intervene with the Home Office on behalf of applicants. However, I am interested in individual cases to the extent that they illustrate or point to systemic problems.
Please note that submissions may be cited in the final report.