Downing Street political advisers
Prime Minister Theresa May announces her initial special adviser appointments for 10 Downing Street.
Prime Minister Theresa May has confirmed her initial special adviser appointments in Downing Street.
Special advisers are a critical part of the team supporting ministers. They add a political dimension to the advice and assistance available to ministers while reinforcing the political impartiality of the permanent Civil Service by distinguishing the source of political advice and support.
The following special advisers have been appointed:
- Joint Chiefs of Staff – Fiona Hill & Nick Timothy
- Director of Policy – John Godfrey
- Director of Communications – Katie Perrior
- Press Secretary – Lizzie Loudon
- Head of Features – Liz Sanderson
Further appointments will be confirmed in due course.