The Department of Health wants to appoint 5 new members for the Advisory Committee on Dangerous Pathogens (ACDP).
The ACDP, which advises on all aspects of hazards and risks to workers and others from exposure to pathogens, is looking for 5 Expert Members. You will need to have an outstanding record of achievement and personal credibility in one of the following fields:
- clinical and research virology, particularly respiratory viruses
- epidemiology and/or public health
- veterinary microbiology/parasitology
- infectious disease specialist
- biomedical scientist with practical day-to-day experience of working at ACDP category levels 3 and 4
The Department of Health’s Senior Responsible Officer determines the length of appointments, which will be for up to 3 years.
Time and pay
Members will be expected to devote 3 full days a year to attend and participate at main ACDP meetings. There is no remuneration for these posts but expenses are paid in line with central policy.
The closing date for applications has been further extended to midday on 24 June 2013.
If you require an alternative format such as braille, large print or audio please call Samantha Alcock on 0113 254 5845 quoting the reference EC13-19. The Department of Health values and promotes diversity and is committed to equality of opportunity for all.