Crown Court fee guidance is being updated in a number of areas.
We’re making updates to Crown Court fee guidance which include:
- Change to claiming process so new advocates in retrial cases can submit payment claims directly to the Legal Aid Agency.
- New content to reflect costs judge decision in R v Gravette (2016). When the trial concludes, if the judge allows a QC for the hearing for mitigation of sentence, a fixed fee will be payable.
- Clarification of funding for post-conviction Proceeds of Crime work can be found in a new ‘Appendix R’ in the guidance.
- Introduction of 20p bicycle mileage rate where mileage is payable.
- Pages of Prosecution Evidence (PPE) guidance updated to reflect that where there is a first stage streamlined forensic report this will now be treated as PPE.
- Clarification that the whole of the LAA Report from the Digital Case System must be provided when the advocate is using it in a claim as evidence of PPE.
- Ground Rules Hearings will be paid as an admissibility of evidence fixed fee to reflect R v Gratland (2016).
Crown Court fee guidance – to download updated ‘Crown Court fee guidance’ document
Published: 30 March 2017
From: Legal Aid Agency