82% of all applications are now made using the CRM14 eForm.
The CRM14 eForm is now being widely used to apply online for criminal legal aid. Providers throughout England and Wales have welcomed a number of immediate benefits. These include:
- date stamp: easy to obtain a date stamp up to 11.59pm daily
- DWP link: indication of client eligibility can be checked before submitting application
- track progress: track the status of your application via eForms portal
- notifications: find out the outcome of your application as soon as a decision is made.
Receive representation orders via Criminal Justice Secure eMail (CJSM)
If you are in 1 of the pilot areas you can make more of using the CRM14 eForm and receive your representation orders by secure email.
If you are submitting applications for criminal legal aid for cases in courts in the following areas, you may be able to receive representation orders via CJSM instead of by post.
The pilot areas are;
- South Yorkshire
- City of Westminster (Extradition cases only)
How do I take part in this pilot?
When submitting your CRM14 eForm, please include a valid CJSM address in the ‘Legal Representation’ page of the eForm. There are fields for 2 email addresses. If your CJSM address is not your default email address for eForms, please type the CJSM address in the second box titled ‘firm administrator’.
Please only enter the CJSM address in the ‘firm administrator’ text box as this is where Legal Aid Agency (LAA) caseworkers will copy the address from in order to send documents by email.
Published: 5 August 2015
From: Legal Aid Agency