Clean Energy Ministerial (25-26 April) and events (23-27 April)
This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
The UK is hosting the third Clean Energy Ministerial (CEM3) at Lancaster House in London on 25-26 April 2012.
The UK is hosting the third Clean Energy Ministerial (CEM3) at Lancaster House in London on 25-26 April 2012. CEM3 is an international conference aimed at accelerating the transition to clean energy technologies.
Ministers from 23 leading economies will gather to discuss and guide progress made by the 11 clean energy initiatives and explore ways to enhance collaboration.
The CEM is being co-chaired by UK Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change, Edward Davey and US Secretary of Energy Steven Chu.
Prior to the CEM, the High-level Group on Sustainable Energy For All (SE4ALL), an initiative of Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon, will conclude its meeting in London on Tuesday 24th April. The SE4ALL Action Agenda will be launched during Day 2 of CEM3 as part of a joint SE4ALL/CEM press conference.
Much of the CEM is held in private, but throughout the week 23-27 April, there will be a series of ministerial speeches, side events and press conferences hosted by DECC and partner organisations about clean energy to which media are invited (please see full list attached).
The 11 main themes covered at the CEM3 will include: energy efficiency, appliances, buildings/industry, electric vehicles, bioenergy, carbon capture and storage, hydropower, solar, wind, energy access and smart grids. There is a special emphasis on clean energy entrepreneurs and encouraging women to enter the sector.
- Clean Energy Ministerial events (25-26 April) can be found in the public agenda
- For a full list of events from 23-27 April, download the press advisory note
- For general/ accreditation enquiries, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Logistical enquiries and bids for UK Ministers should be addressed to:
Emily Towers, Chief Press Officer, DECC on: +44 (0) 300 068 5225 or +44 (0) 7827 858 956 Or email: email@example.com
- Enquiries and interview bids for other attending Ministerial delegations should be addressed to their home departments (download the press advisory note for contact details)
- Further information about the Clean Energy Ministerial is available from: www.cleanenergyministerial.org
- Follow CEM3 on Twitter @DECCgovuk, follow videos on Youtube and see the latest pictures from the week at Flickr