Updated legal aid forms are being introduced from 1 April 2015.
Updated versions of the forms listed below are available to preview before use from 1 April 2015. They have been placed below the current form on the relevant pages.
The ‘Counsel matrix’ is a new form that has been introduced to assist with the reconciliation of counsel’s fees. This is where payment has been made direct to counsel under the Family Advocacy Scheme or Family Graduated Fee scheme.
The forms that have been updated are:
Civil claim forms
- CIV CLAIM 1: claim for assessment of costs in civil cases
- CIV CLAIM 1A: claim for costs in fixed fee family cases
- CIV CLAIM 2: report in civil cases – costs met in part or in full by other party
- CIV CLAIM 5: claim for Family Graduated Fee (Counsel)
- CIV CLAIM 5A: claim for Family Advocacy Scheme (Counsel)
- POA1 Claim for payment on account in civil cases
- Counsel matrix: details of counsel claims paid to date (new form)
Controlled work application forms
- CW3A & CW3B: application for extension of upper costs limit
- CW3C Graduated Fee Scheme – application for extension of disbursement limit
Controlled work claim forms
ECCLAIM 1: civil, immigration and mental health.
The above civil claim forms and the controlled work forms are mandatory from 1 April 2015 but may be used now. However, we will not reject for using a previous version of the above forms unless there is a secondary reason for doing so.
LF3 for LGFS interim claims created online.
This form is mandatory from the 1 April 2015 but may be used now. Forms signed and dated on or after the 1 April 2015 must be the new version.
Pre April 2015 versions signed on or before 31 March should be submitted before 30 April or they may be rejected.
Published: 17 March 2015
From: Legal Aid Agency