Introduction of claim form specifically designed for claims assessed by the court.
We are introducing a claim 1C form for submission of claims which have been subject to detailed assessment at court.
The use of the form is not mandatory but we may look to mandate its use in the future.
We aim to have the new form included in the next master pack update but in the meantime it is already available on GOV.UK – see link below.
The new form has been introduced so that we:
- only ask for information we need
- give you additional prompts and fields to reduce incorrect claiming
Avoiding common errors
Our news article in September detailed common errors on claims assessed by the court and we have introduced new fields to try and help avoid these mistakes in future. This includes:
- tick boxes to prompt providers into checking they are not claiming for work out of scope under the certificate
- new fields to summarise costs and ensure claims are (1) the correct rate and (2) panel member enhancements are only carried out by a panel member
- additional declaration as a reminder that all claims must be evidenced on file
Guidance on how to complete the form is available along with a checklist of requirements.
Mandatory checks remain the same as for the claim 1 and the claim 1A.
CIV CLAIM 1C – to download new form, checklist and guidance
Avoiding taxed billing errors – news story September 2015
Published: 22 December 2015
From: Legal Aid Agency