The new round of the Chevening Internship Programme is now open for applications.
Since July 2016, the British Embassy in Phnom Penh, Cambodia in collaboration with the British Chevening Alumni Association of Cambodia (BCAAC) have run a Chevening Internship Programme. This initiative aims to provide internship opportunities with returned Chevening scholars in their places of work for young Cambodians who have the potential to be Chevening scholars and leaders of the future.
This year 15 promising interns will be selected and matched, based on their educational background and career aspiration, to work with returned Chevening Scholars across sectors and industries for three months in Phnom Penh.
What Chevening Internship Programme offers
- Gain unique insight into a new career, the experience of living in the city and leadership and critical thinking skills.
- Get opportunities to develop work-based skills, knowledge, and experience that contribute to both personal and professional development.
- Establish the professional relationship and networking through mentoring and job-related activities.
- Receive English language training throughout the entire internship period.
- Get financial support to cover accommodation, meals and transportation expenses
To be eligible for the Chevening Internship Programme, applicants must be:
- A Cambodian citizen.
- A full-time undergraduate student from college, university, or other institutions of higher learning; or have graduated in the past 12 months.
- Proficient in Khmer and ideally have some English reading, writing and speaking skills.
- Allowed to stay and work in Phnom Penh throughout the entire period of the internship scheme. Confirmation letters from applicant’s parents and the university will be requested upon successful in the interview.
- Indicate leadership qualities and potential in their university, place of work and/or community.
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to stay in Phnom Penh and fully engage with the programme and the job training until its completion.
- Possess confidence, adaptability and good organisational and time management skills.
- Preferably have little or no prior study experience in Phnom Penh.
If you would like to apply for this Internship Programme, please complete the online application or submit your hardcopy application and supporting document to the British Embassy in Phnom Penh:
27-29, Street 75
Sangkat Sras Chak, Khan Daun Penh
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Deadline for application is 07 August 2018.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Please contact Ms Phearong SDEUNG, Chevening Programme Manager via e-mail at Phearong.Sdeung@fco.gov.uk or tel: 012 873 308/ 023 427 124 (ext 2242).