From August 2015 to March 2016, the British Embassy in Phnom Penh will be running Chevening Career Development Learning Sets. These learning sets will provide a unique opportunity for Cambodian university students to receive advice and guidance from our Chevening Scholars.
Chevening Career Development Learning Sets will be a series of mentoring discussions on career development between our Chevening Scholars and young Cambodians who are seeking inspiration to brighten their future careers and higher education experience.
Once a month, one of our Chevening scholars will host a learning set with five carefully selected university students. Each learning set will focus on a different subject area.
Five promising university students from any field and any year of study will be recruited through a selection process to participate in each monthly learning set.
For the fifth session of our Chevening Career Development Learning Sets in March, our Chevening scholar, Ms Phearanich Hing , will join us to share her advice and experience on career and study development. This session will be held in Phnom Penh.
Profile of the mentor:
Ms Phearanich Hing has more than five years’ experience working in the area of climate change and natural resource management at both policy and ground levels. Since 2011, Phearanich has been working as a Policy Analyst for the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) in Cambodia. Her main roles are to provide policy support on climate change and environment to the government and UNDP senior management; lead programme formulation; and resource mobilization.
She has also worked with other development agencies such as GIZ and Pact Cambodia on issues related to good governance. She earned her master degree in Environment from Imperial College London, through the support of the British government’s flagship scholarship programme, Chevening scholarship from 2008-2009.
Terms and Conditions:
- Participants must be currently enrolled as a university student. Any years and study majors can apply.
- One person can participate in only one session of mentoring.
- The Embassy team will select only five outstanding students as the participants for each mentoring session
- Learning sets are purely unofficial discussion and sharing of experience between our scholars and participants.
- Each learning set will take place in Phnom Penh for either one morning or one afternoon at the end of the month.
- The Embassy will bear no responsibility for any associated costs for accommodation or travel to the session.
- Selected candidates will have to commit to participate in the session for which they apply.
What we offer:
- At the end of each session, participants will receive a Certificate of Participation from the British Embassy Phnom Penh to prove their important participation.
If you are Interested in participating in a learning set, please send us your CV and 300 words in English to say why you should be selected, what your future career vision is, and what you hope to gain from the learning sets. Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications’ deadline for the learning sets will be 13 March 2016. Only successful participants will be contacted.
Please contact Mr Ratanak LENG, our Political officer via E-mail: email@example.com and Tel: 017 333 928/ 023 427 124
Follow us on Facebook: British Embassy in Cambodia and Twitter: @ukincambodia