Cases due to be heard by the Certification Officer.
McFadden v Unite the Union
The hearing set for Monday 9 October and Tuesday 10 October 2017 has been cancelled
Elliott & Borbora v British Medical Association (BMA)
The two applicants have made six complaints in total alleging that the Union breached its rules in relation to disciplinary action taken against the applicants.
The hearing will be held on:
Tuesday 14 November 2017
Venue: The Certification Office (see address below)
2-6 Salisbury Square
This is a public hearing which will commence at 10.00 am.
Hearings are held in public (unless otherwise stated) and will commence at 10:00 am. Please note there is limited space in the public gallery. Anyone wishing to attend a hearing should telephone or email the Certification Office (020 7210 3734 / email@example.com) so that we may arrange for a security access pass to be produced.
It is not the practice of the Certification Officer to give his decision on the day of a hearing. Normally, the Certification Officer’s decision is reserved and issued in writing (with written reasons) within one month of the hearing date.
Published: 18 November 2016
Updated: 7 October 2017
- McFadden v Unite the Union: the hearing set for Monday 9 October and Tuesday 10 October 2017 has been cancelled
- Announcement of forthcoming hearings.
- hearing date
- Details of restricted seating at venue.
- hearing postponed
- First published.
- New Certification Officer hearing dates
- A number of cases have been listed for hearings.
- Brough v Union of Construction, Allied Trades & Technicians (UCATT) (No. 2) has been listed for a hearing on 15 August 2016.
- Forbes v Scottish Secondary Teachers' Association: the hearing scheduled for 25 May 2016 in Edinburgh has been postponed.
- Three cases listed by the Certification Officer for hearings.
- Henderson v GMB has been listed for a hearing on 1 March 2016.
- The case of Mills v Unite the Union has been listed for a hearing on 11 November 2015 at Fleetbank House, London.
- Forthcoming hearings
- Forthcoming hearings
- Forthcoming Certification Officer hearing
- Stevens v Union of Democratic Mineworkers will be heard before the Certification Officer on 7 May 2015.
- Beaumont (4) and Mansell v Unite the Union: venue confirmed
- New venue for the Mills v Unite the Union hearing on 9 April 2015.
- New venue for the Street and Street (2) v UNISON hearing on 1 April 2015.
- Forthcoming hearings before the Certification Officer.
- The hearing date of 25 February 2015 for the case Stevens v Union of Democratic Mineworkers has been postponed. A new hearing date will be announced shortly.
- The hearing scheduled for 28 January 2015 in the case Barton v UNISON will not now go ahead. A decision will be placed on the website in due course.
- The hearing date of 19 January 2015 for Street and Street (2) v UNISON has been postponed. A new hearing date will be announced shortly.
- Details of forthcoming hearings published on the Certification Officer’s website.
- Notice of three new public hearings.
From: Certification Officer