- Centre for Defence Enterprise, Defence Science and Technology Laboratory, The Security Service, Secret Intelligence Service, and Government Communications Headquarters
- Part of:
- Centre for Defence Enterprise events and Armed forces and Ministry of Defence reform
- 27 July 2015
- Last updated:
- 13 October 2015, see all updates
The Centre for Defence Enterprise (CDE) held a networking event for science and technology providers in London on 1 October 2015.
The event took place in London at the Grand Connaught Rooms, 9:30am to 4pm.
Jim Pennycook, Head of Operations at CDE, introduced CDE and gave an overview of proof-of-concept research funding opportunities for innovative science and technology providers. Technical experts provided specific information about the themed competition: security for the internet of things. This competition has up to £1 million available for fully funded phase-1 projects.
In addition, Bruce Hardie, CDE’s Technology Manager, will talk about how to create an effective proposal for CDE funding.
Attendees were able to pre-book a face-to-face meeting with CDE and subject matter experts to discuss potential proposals for the ‘security for the internet of things’ themed competition.
There were networking opportunities with other potential bidders, current Dstl suppliers, CDE, Dstl and military experts.
CDE funds novel, high-risk, high-potential-benefit research. We work with the broadest possible range of science and technology providers, including academia and small companies, to develop cost-effective capabilities for UK armed forces and national security.
CDE is part of Dstl.
Centre for Defence Enterprise
Telephone +44 (0)30 67704236
Alternative number +44 (0)30 67704237
Please email for the quickest response.
Published: 27 July 2015
Updated: 13 October 2015
- Video summary of the 'security for the internet of things' competition now added.
- Presentation slides now added.
- First published.