Jim Pennycook joined the Centre for Defence Enterprise in 2008 as Military Adviser. He was appointed Head of Operations in 2013 following the completion of his service with the Royal Air Force (RAF).
His previous roles include:
- Military Adviser to MOD Director of Science and Technology Operations
- Military Adviser to MOD Director General (Research and Technology)
- Royal Air Force Harrier In-Service Support Contract Manager
- Staff Officer to the Deputy Chief of Defence Staff
- Harrier Configuration Manager, Headquarters RAF Logistics Command
Head of Operations, CDE
The Head of Operations, CDE, is responsible for the strategic development and day-to-day delivery of the CDE innovation process. The Head of Operations develops, plans, directs and manages the performance of all CDE operations.