We are looking for projects that can be carried out during the financial year 2018/19. This year we are particularly interested in project proposals in either of the following areas:
Strengthening of Forensic Services in Kazakhstan
This year the British Embassy Astana is seeking to support projects in Kazakhstan that focus on strengthening of forensic services in Kazakhstan.
This year the British Embassy Astana is seeking to support projects in Kazakhstan that focus on promotion of girls’ empowerment in the South-Kazakhstan region.
This year the British Embassy Astana is seeking to support projects in Kazakhstan that focus on promotion of independent media.
Development of the Jury Trials Institute in Kazakhstan
This year the British Embassy Astana is seeking to support projects in Kazakhstan that focus on development of the jury trials institute in Kazakhstan.
Parliamentary strengthening in Kazakhstan
This year the British Embassy Astana is seeking to support projects in Kazakhstan that focus on the parliamentary-strengthening in Kazakhstan.
Prevention of cyber crimes in Kazakhstan
This year the British Embassy Astana is seeking to support projects in Kazakhstan that focus on prevention of cyber crimes in Kazakhstan.
Projects must have a clear purpose supported by achievable and measurable outcomes. All project proposals should be able to establish a clear and identifiable link between the activities planned and the expected results.
Bids will be assessed against the following criteria:
- value for money
- alignment with the above mentioned priorities
- project design, including clear and achievable impact
- project viability, including the capacity of implementing organisation
- good risk and stakeholder management
- projects should be realistic in the results they aim to deliver and how these contribute to the long-term achievement of the targets
- proposals must be supported by a realistic detailed activity based budget. The template for the activity-based budget (below) should be used for reference.
How to Bid
Projects are funded for a single financial year running from 1 April 2018 to 31 March 2019, with no expectation of continued funding beyond this period;
Template forms and further guidance are available below.
- Project proposals must be received by midnight on Wednesday 20th June 2018. Late proposals will not be considered
- Proposals must be submitted using the attached forms only (Project Proposal and Activity Based Budget)
- Proposals must be submitted to Assemgul.Kaliyeva@fco.gov.uk
- Project proposals selected for further consideration will be notified on 29 June 2018
- The British Embassy Astana aim to sign grant agreements with successful project implementers by 15 July 2018
We cannot fund
- capital purchases, for example purchase of buildings, vehicles, office machinery
- certain publicity materials
- flight costs above economy class
- external consultants to evaluate project work
- participation in academic courses or academic research
- we fund various costs associated with implementation/delivery of activities, but we cannot fund all general office costs and salaries. These can only be covered up to 10% of the total cost of the project. Note that honoraria for experts should be included into an activity where an expert is contributing.
Please note that the bidding is competitive and only selected projects will receive funding. The FCO reserves the right to accept or reject any or all bids without incurring any obligation to inform the affected applicant/s of the grounds of such acceptance or rejection. Due to the volume of bids expected we will not be able to provide feedback on unsuccessful bids. Only successful bidders will be contacted.