The Aerospace Technology Institute (ATI), Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy and Innovate UK are running a programme together to find businesses and researchers interested in gaining support for innovative aerospace projects.
This activity is part of the UK Aerospace Research and Technology Programme, a £3.9 billion joint government and industry investment for projects that will make the UK more competitive in civil aerospace.
Businesses and researchers can submit expressions of interest in carrying out a future project that could get grant funding. It is the first of a possible 4 stages.
Projects must fit with UK aerospace strategy
We are seeking projects that are in line with the UK’s aerospace technology strategy.
Priority areas include:
- strengthening the UK’s whole-aircraft design and system integration capability and positioning it for future generations of civil aircraft
- the development of smart, connected and more electric aircraft
- ensuring the UK is a global leader in the development of large complex structures, particularly wings
- advancing a new generation of more efficient propulsion technologies, particularly large turbofans
- we are now inviting expressions of interest, and the deadline is at midday on 16 May 2018
- successful applicants will be invited to make a full funding application. The approval process typically takes 6 months
- organisations can work alone or in partnership with other businesses and researchers
- project costs and duration should be in proportion to the objectives
- businesses could attract up to 70% of their project costs
- you will need to sign up to the ATI framework agreement to be eligible to apply