This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
Government’s Broadband delivery team’s vision for bringing forward network upgrades and improving access for poorly served areas.
Broadband Delivery UK (BDUK) have published a first version of their Programme Delivery Model which explores bringing forward network infrastructure upgrades and improving the accessibility of services in areas where there is a weak case for commercial investment.
The Delivery Model has been designed to evolve over time, to reflect lessons learned from the Superfast Broadband Pilots, other local broadband projects, and marketplace developments.
The document also provides a high level description of the how BDUK will meet its objectives as part of the Broadband Delivery Programme:
- to support economic growth in the UK, including in rural areas
- to ensure this country has the best Superfast Broadband in Europe by the end of this Parliament (2015)
- to ensure delivery of Standard Broadband to virtually all communities in the UK within the lifetime of this Parliament (2015)
- to ensure the efficient use of funding to deliver Superfast Broadband and Standard Broadband
- to assist other Government initiatives which are dependent upon Customers ability to access Broadband based services