Innovators can apply for a share of £1 million to develop ways of improving the detection of illegal firearms and ammunition.
The Home Office’s Office for Security and Counter Terrorism (OSCT) is investing up to £2 million in automatic threat detection (ATD) of firearms innovation projects.
The aim of this competition is to further improve the detection capability of illegal firearms, component parts and ammunition.
We are inviting proposals that will show how they will enhance existing x-ray screening techniques through the development of automatic threat detection (ATD) algorithms.
This is a Small Business Research Initiative (SBRI) competition run in partnership with Innovate UK.
- This competition is open now
- The registration deadline is noon on Wednesday 24 August, 2016
- The application deadline is noon on Wednesday 31 August
- There will be a briefing event for potential applicants in London on 7 July 2016
- There will be a networking event for potential applicants in London on 21 July 2016