The data published on this page provides information about the number and types of applications that Land Registry completed in August 2014.
- Land Registry completes 1,265,951 applications
- South East tops the table of regional applications with 292,914
- Birmingham tops the table of local authority applications with 19,694
The Transaction Data shows Land Registry completed over 1,265,950 applications from its customers in August. This includes 1,224,587 applications by account customers, of which 323,351 were applications in respect of registered land (dealings); 540,916 were applications to obtain an official copy of a register or title plan; 181,540 were searches and 85,432 were transactions for value.
Applications by region
|Yorks & Humber||99,880|
|England & Wales (not assigned)||59|
|Isles of Scilly||25|
Top three local authorities
|Top three local authorities||Applications|
|City of Westminster||17,598|
Top three customers by transactions for value
|Top three customers||Transactions for value|
|My Home Move Limited||1,695|
|Countrywide Property Lawyers||845|
Top three customers by searches
|Top three customers||Searches|
|Optima Legal Services||4,807|
Notes to editors
- Transaction Data is published on the fifteenth working day of each month. The September Transaction Data will be published at 11am on Tuesday 21 October 2014.
- The monthly Transaction Data shows how many applications for first registrations, leases, transfers of part, dealings, official copies and searches lodged by Land Registry account customers were completed. Explanation of the terms used
- Transactions for value include freehold and leasehold sales.
- Most searches carried out by a solicitor or conveyancer are to protect the purchase and/or mortgage. For example, a search will give the buyer priority for an application to Land Registry to register the purchase of the property. For information about the different types of search.
- As a government department established in 1862, executive agency and trading fund responsible to the Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills, Land Registry keeps and maintains the Land Register for England and Wales. The Land Register has been an open document since 1990.
- With the largest transactional database of its kind detailing almost 24 million titles, Land Registry underpins the economy by safeguarding ownership of many billions of pounds worth of property.
- For further information about Land Registry visit www.gov.uk/land-registry
- Follow us on Twitter @LandRegGov. Find us on LinkedIn, Facebook and our blog.
Press and PR Manager
1 Bedford Park
Telephone 0300 0067543
Mobile 07790 690297
Published: 19 September 2014
From: HM Land Registry