April 2016 Price Paid Data
Land Registry Price Paid Data tracks land and property sales in England and Wales submitted to them for registration.
This month’s Price Paid Data includes details of over 112,500 land and property sales in England and Wales lodged for registration in April 2016.
Of the 112,546 sales lodged for registration:
- almost 80,000 were freehold
- around 7,000 were newly built
- just over 18,300 sales took place in April 2016
Number of residential sales for £1 million and over in April 2016:
- 246 in England and Wales
- 152 in London
Number of sales lodged for registration by property type
|Property type||April 2016|
In April 2016:
- the most expensive residential sale was of a flat in the London borough of Kensington and Chelsea for £6,250,000
- the cheapest residential sale was of a terraced property in Bradford, West Yorkshire, for £14,100
- the most expensive commercial sale was in Warwick, West Midlands, for £12,650,000
- the cheapest commercial sale was in St Albans, Hertfordshire, for £5,000
Notes to editors
Price Paid Data (PPD) is published at 11am on the 20th working day of each month. The May dataset will be published on Tuesday 28 June 2016.
- Price Paid Data is property price data for all land and property sales in England and Wales that are lodged with us for registration in that month, subject to exclusions
- The following information is available for each property:
- the full address
- the price paid
- the date of transfer
- the property type
- whether it is new build or not
- whether it is freehold or leasehold
- Price Paid Data can be downloaded in txt, csv format and in a machine readable format as linked data. It is available for anyone to examine and re-use free of charge under the Open General Licence (OGL).
- Price Paid Data includes Standard Price Paid Data (SPPD) for single residential property sales at full market value and Additional Price Paid Data (APPD) for transactions previously excluded from SPPD such as:
- transfers to a non-private individual, for example a company, corporate body or business
- transfers under a power of sale (repossessions)
- buy-to-lets (where they can be identified by a mortgage)
The information available for each property will indicate whether it is APPD or SPPD and the record’s status - addition/change/deletion (A/C/D).
- The Price Paid Data report builder allows users to build bespoke reports using the data http://landregistry.data.gov.uk/app/ppd. Reports can be based on location, estate type, price paid or property type over a defined period of time.
- As a government department established in 1862, executive agency and trading fund responsible to the Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills, Land Registry keeps and maintains the Land Register for England and Wales. The Land Register has been open to public inspection since 1990.
- With the largest transactional database of its kind detailing over 24 million titles, Land Registry underpins the economy by safeguarding ownership of many billions of pounds worth of property.
- For further information visit Land Registry website.
- Follow us:
Press and PR Manager
1 Bedford Park
Telephone 0300 0067543
Mobile 07790 690297
Published: 31 May 2016
From: Land Registry