News story

Apply now for funding to raise awareness about discrimination

This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government

PROGRESS scheme offers up to €250,000 European funding for UK organisations to inform the debate about discrimination

placeholder

The Government Equalities Office is asking for proposals from non-profit-making organisations who want to receive funding to run anti-discrimination programmes.

We can choose one or two projects to be eligible to share up to €250,000 from the European Commission’s PROGRESS scheme.

According to the European Commission, PROGRESS’s aims are:

Raising awareness, disseminating information and promoting the debate about the key challenges and policy issues in relation to discrimination and the mainstreaming of anti-discrimination in all Community policies, including among the social partners, NGOs and other stakeholders.

More information on the European Commission’s call for proposals, the application form and its annexes are available on their website.

Before you apply

Before thinking about applying, make sure you meet the basic criteria:

  • Public and private non-profit making organisations are eligible to apply, for example, an NGO, trade association or an equality body
  • The maximum EU contribution to any application will not exceed 80% of the action’s eligible costs: you must, therefore, guarantee co-financing for the remaining 20%.
  • Activities must have a maximum initial duration of 12 months and must not have already started before the date of the application for the PROGRESS funding

Your proposal must take account of the current national priorities and challenges in the fight against discrimination. You can read our National Priorities and Challenges for 2013/14 below. Make sure your application takes account of this document, because we will use it to help judge which project(s) receive funding.

UK's priorities and challenges for the PROGRESS scheme

This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.

If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email govuk-feedback@digital.cabinet-office.gov.uk. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.

How and when to apply

You should submit only the documents specified in the National Priorities and Challenges document, above.

Email these documents to charles.ramsden@geo.gsi.gov.uk.

The Government Equalities Office must receive your proposals no later than 12.00 (noon) on 28 August 2013. Applications received after this time will not be considered for funding.

If you need any further information to assist you in completing the bids,please contact either paul.howarth@geo.gsi.gov.uk or charles.ramsden@geo.gsi.gov.uk

Next steps

Once we have selected the proposal(s) to go forward to the next stage, you must supply the remaining Annexes to the application form.

The proposal(s) that we select must then be submitted to the European Commission by 12.00 (noon) Central European Time, 10 September 2013

Further information

Published 17 July 2013