Animal medicines improvement notice: Maisemore Apiaries
- Veterinary Medicines Directorate
- Part of:
- Illegal animal medicines: seizure and improvement notices and prosecutions, Crime prevention, and Animal welfare
- First published:
- 5 July 2016
- Last updated:
- 1 August 2016, see all updates
Details of the improvement notice issued to Maisemore Apiaries, Gloucester. Published in July 2016.
Veterinary medicinal products containing Oxalic Acid were being presented for sale whilst not authorised for use in the UK.
Also, unauthorised veterinary products were being presented for sale with claims to treat or prevent disease. These are offences under Regulation 4 (Placing a veterinary medicinal product on the market) of the Veterinary Medicines Regulations.
The improvements are to:
- cease marketing and sale of any unauthorised prepared Oxalic Acid from the UK market
- remove all medicinal claims and references highlighted in previous correspondence from Maisemore Apiaries website
- Remove medicinal claims found elsewhere in Maisemore Apiaries marketing material including social media, leaflets, product descriptions and customer testimonials
This notice has been complied with
Published: 5 July 2016
Updated: 1 August 2016
- This notice has been complied with
- First published.