Animal medicines improvement notice: Animalcare
- Veterinary Medicines Directorate
- Part of:
- Illegal animal medicines: seizure and improvement notices and prosecutions
- First published:
- 25 October 2016
- Last updated:
- 21 November 2016, see all updates
Details of the improvement notice issued to Animalcare at the BVNA Congress, Telford published in October 2016.
This Notice was issued for advertising the non-medicinal product Oticurant with therapeutic claims at the BVNA Congress:
- the product Oticurant was displayed on the stand backdrop and associated with the word ‘Prevent’
- product information available for ‘The Super-Earos’ displayed the wording ‘preventing with Oticurant’
The improvements required were for:
- the advertising backdrop of the stand to be reworded to remove the word ‘Prevents’
- the advertising literature and to be reworded, to remove the wording in Step 3 – ‘Preventing with Oticurant’
Evidence of the changes is to be sent to the Enforcement Team and to the inspector who Issued the Notice.
This Notice has been complied with
Published: 25 October 2016
Updated: 21 November 2016
- This Notice has been complied with
- First published.