The Prosperity Fund is the FCO’s dedicated annual fund supporting prosperity work overseas. Through targeted projects, it aims to support the conditions for global and UK growth: Openness, Sustainability, Opportunity and Reputation. The Prosperity Fund has devolved £300k to Africa Strategy and Network Unit (ASNU) to fund a project up to the value of £285k for our High Level Prosperity Partnership (HLPP) target countries of Angola, Cote D’Ivoire, Ghana, Mozambique and Tanzania. The remaining £15k will be held by ASNU for contingencies.
We are pleased to announce the call for bids for the for the Africa Prosperity (HLPP) Fund for financial year 2015 to 2016.
How to apply
- Detailed guidance on how to apply is contained below in the Guidance for Potential Implementers. Please read this document carefully, together with the FAQs.
- Please also familiarise yourself at an early stage with the standard grant contract.
- Bidding templates are provided below. The deadline for submitting project concepts to ASNU is 26 January 2015. Concept bids should be no more than three pages in length.
- We would expect one project bid up to £285k with a range of activities covering the targeted sectors across the some or all of the five HLPP countries. This reflects the strategic nature of the Africa Prosperity (HLPP) Fund and the need for high impact (please see A.
- The project should be planned so that they are implemented and completed by March 2016.
How proposals are assessed:
Bids will be assessed against the following criteria:
- Value for money
- Strategic fit
- Evidence of local demand or need
- Project viability, including capacity of implementing organisation(s)
- Project design, including clear achievable impact
- Risk and stakeholder management
Please read the guidance for 2015 to 2016. These documents cover the type of projects that we would like to see, the application process, ensuring a quality bid and getting the budget right.
Full proposal documents
Implementers will be invited to submit a full proposal if their project concept is successful.
Please see the full proposal forms and template activity based budget below: