The minister is responsible for:
- Homelessness and rough sleeping
- Private rented sector
- Housing Ombudsman and redress
- Leasehold reform
- Voluntary right to buy
- Reform of the home buying process
- Supported housing
- Domestic abuse and refuges
- Minister for Secondary Legislation
- Member of the Ministerial Covenant and Veterans Board
Current role holder: Heather Wheeler MP
Heather Wheeler was appointed as a Parliamentary Under Secretary of State at the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government on 9 January 2018.
She was a Junior Lord of the Treasury (Government Whip) from 15 June 2017 to 8 January 2018.
She was Assistant Government Whip from 17 July 2016 to 15 June 2017. She was elected Conservative MP for South Derbyshire in May 2010.