Heather Wheeler was appointed as a Parliamentary Under Secretary of State at the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government on 9 January 2018.
She was a Junior Lord of the Treasury (Government Whip) from 15 June 2017 to 8 January 2018.
She was Assistant Government Whip from 17 July 2016 to 15 June 2017. She was elected Conservative MP for South Derbyshire in May 2010.
Parliamentary Under Secretary of State (Minister for Housing and Homelessness)
The minister is responsible for:
- Homelessness and rough sleeping
- Private rented sector
- Housing Ombudsman and redress
- Leasehold reform
- Voluntary right to buy
- Reform of the home buying process
- Supported housing
- Domestic abuse and refuges
- Minister for Secondary Legislation
- Member of the Ministerial Covenant and Veterans Board