This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
Download the full outcome
Detail of outcome
The government response sets out how the text of the NHS Constitution has changed as a result of the consultation. It includes a statement of consultation responses.
Seeks views on proposed changes to the NHS Constitution.
This consultation ran from
The NHS Constitution sets out:
- rights to which patients, public and staff are entitled
- responsibilities owed to each other to ensure the NHS operates fairly and effectively.
This consultation proposes to amend the NHS Constitution to respond to recommendations made by Sir Robert Francis QC and to:
- give greater prominence to mental health
- reflect the importance of access to transparent and comparable data
- include the Armed Forces Covenant
- reflect the new fundamental standards in April 2015