This consultation sets out the UK government’s and the devolved administrations’ approach to UK carbon pricing once we have left the EU, and seeks stakeholders’ views on the design of a future scheme.
It is a joint consultation of the UK government, the Scottish Government, the Welsh Government and the Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs in Northern Ireland.
This consultation will be of particular interest to:
- individual companies
- representatives of industrial, power and aviation sectors with obligations under the EU ETS
- environmental groups
This consultation is not limited to these stakeholders; any organisation or individual is welcome to respond.
You are invited to register to attend one of our consultation workshops:
- London, 22 May 2019: book on Eventbrite
- Northern Ireland, Belfast, 30 May 2019*: book on Eventbrite
- North Wales, Llandudno Junction, 3 June 2019: book on Eventbrite
- South Wales, Swansea, 5 June 2019: book on Eventbrite
- Scotland, Glasgow, 12 June 2019*: book on Eventbrite
The events in Northern Ireland and Scotland do not cover aviation (see chapter 3 of the consultation). If you have an interest in the aviation aspect, please apply to attend the London event.