Download the full outcome
Detail of outcome
The government’s response to the consultation on Phase 2B: non-PV technologies, including confirmation of tariffs and introduction of a tariff degression mechanism.
On 20 July 2012, the Government published its response to the consultation on Phase 2B of the Feed-in Tariffs comprehensive review: tariffs for non-PV technologies and scheme administration issues.
The main features of the decisions are:
- confirmation of new tariff levels for anaerobic digestion, hydro, micro-CHP and wind
- introduction of a tariff degression mechanism effective 1 April 2014 for those technologies
- introduction of preliminary accreditation with tariff guarantees for all ROO-FIT technologies and community PV projects
- confirming a definition of ‘community’ with a provision to exempt community energy schemes and schools from the requirement to meet EPC level D or above to get the standard tariffs;
- changes to take effect on 1 December 2012 (not 1 October 2012 as proposed in the consultation)
Subject to the parliamentary process required by the Energy Act 2008, these decisions will be brought into effect via modifications to the Standard Conditions of Electricity Supply Licences and associated amendments to the FITs Order that will be laid before Parliament (and made available on this page) in autumn 2012, and will come into force on 1 December 2012.