This consultation seeks views on proposed measures to strengthen the Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme to improve the uptake of energy efficiency measures, and increase the benefits for participating businesses.
It follows on from the 2020 Post-Implementation Review of the scheme and welcomes views on the following options to improve the scheme:
- improving the quality of audits through increased standardisation of reporting requirements
- the inclusion of a net zero element to audits
- requiring public disclosure of high-level recommendations by participants
We are also seeking views and evidence on 2 additional options to improve the scheme, potentially in the longer term:
- extending the scope of the scheme to include medium sized businesses
- mandating action on audit recommendations
Read the associated research, Net zero audits: state of the market and the potential to drive action
Read the BEIS consultation privacy notice.
Please don’t send responses by post to the department at the moment as we may not be able to access them.