Download the full outcome
Detail of outcome
Summary of responses we received, along with the government’s response outlining the next steps.
You can also read the related ‘Social Work England: secondary legislation, assessment of impacts’.
Social Work England will be the new professional regulator for social workers in England. It will undertake core regulatory functions including:
- setting standards
- holding the professional register
- approving initial education and training courses for social workers
- running a ‘fitness to practise’ system
This consultation seeks views on the:
- overall approach to creating a modern, proportionate regulatory framework
- specific approach taken in each of the regulatory areas
- possible oversight procedures for regulatory rules
- likely impacts of the proposed changes