We are analysing your feedback
Visit this page again soon to download the outcome to this public feedback.
We’re seeking views on creating more good school places.
This consultation was held on another website.
This consultation ran from
We’re consulting on proposals to create more good school places. The proposals include:
- expecting independent schools to support existing state schools, open new state schools or offer funded places to children whose families can’t afford to pay fees
- asking universities to commit to sponsoring or setting up new schools in exchange for the ability to charge higher fees
- allowing existing selective schools to expand and new selective schools to open, while making sure they support non-selective schools
- allowing new faith free schools to select up to 100% of pupils based on their faith, while making sure they include pupils from different backgrounds
Published: 12 September 2016
Updated: 9 December 2016
- A clarification was made to page 31 of the document and an additional data table was added to provide further information.
- First published.