Detail of outcome
Following this Call for Evidence, the government issued a consultation in April 2018, Limited partnerships: reform of limited partnership law which closed in July 2018.
The government response to that consultation was published on 10 December 2018.
Detail of feedback received
We received 45 responses to the call for evidence from a broad range of stakeholders including:
- the investment and private equity communities and their trade representatives
- civil society organisations
- the Scottish agricultural community
- local government
- law enforcement
- regulatory authorities
We’re aware of concerns that some limited partnerships registered in Scotland are being used for criminal activity. There has been a recent increase in the number of limited partnerships registered in Scotland in comparison to those registered in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
We’re seeking views and evidence on:
- the possible reasons why registration of limited partnerships in Scotland has increased
- the value limited partnerships bring to the UK economy as a whole
- how the wider limited partnership framework operates and whether any changes need to be made
We welcome responses from all interested parties.
If you wish to meet the team, please contact us at the email address below.