Download the full outcome
Detail of outcome
The Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) has agreed to reclassify Viagra Connect from a prescription only medicine (POM) to a Pharmacy (P) medicine in the UK for the treatment of erectile dysfunction in men aged 18 years and over.
See the public assessment report for more information.
Detail of feedback received
Consultation document ARM94, which summarises the proposals on the pharmacy only (POM) to pharmacy (P) reclassification of Viagra Connect, was posted on the GOV.UK website on 27 March 2017. The deadline for comments was given as 18 April 2017.
47 responses to the consultation were received. 33 responses supported the proposal, 13 did not support the proposal, and 1 was unsure about the proposal. 24 were confidential.
We want to know what you think
- Sildenafil 50mg tablets are used to treat erectile dysfunction in adult men aged 18 years or over.
- Sildenafil 50mg tablets are only at the moment available on prescription.
- We propose to make it available in pharmacies.
- We consider that this product can be available as a Pharmacy medicine.
- We want to know what you think about this change.
Please tell us your views using the form at the end of the attached pdf.
The deadline for comments is 18 April 2017.