Download the full outcome
Detail of outcome
The Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) has agreed to reclassify Nasonex Allergy Control 0.05% Nasal Spray from a prescription only medicine (POM) to a Pharmacy (P) medicine in the UK to treat the symptoms of hayfever (also called seasonal allergic rhinitis) and perennial allergic rhinitis for those 18 years and over, for a period of not more than 3 months.
See the public assessment report below for more information
Detail of feedback received
Five responses were received. Four responses supported the proposal, one was unsure about the proposal. One of the responses was confidential.
See all the responses to this consultation.
We want to know what you think
- Nasonex Allergy Control 0.05% Nasal Spray is used to treat the symptoms of hayfever (also called seasonal allergic rhinitis) and perennial allergic rhinitis (this occurs throughout the year).
- Nasonex Allergy Control is only at the moment available on prescription.
- We propose to make it available in pharmacies.
- MHRA considers that this product can be available as a Pharmacy medicine.
- We want to know what you think about this change.
Please tell us your views using the form at the end of the attached pdf.
The deadline for comments is 12 December 2016.