Classification of Nasonex Allergy Control Nasal Spray
- Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency
- 21 November 2016
- Last updated:
- 10 July 2017, see all updates
This consultation has concluded
Download the full outcome
Detail of outcome
The Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) has agreed to reclassify Nasonex Allergy Control 0.05% Nasal Spray from a prescription only medicine (POM) to a Pharmacy (P) medicine in the UK to treat the symptoms of hayfever (also called seasonal allergic rhinitis) and perennial allergic rhinitis for those 18 years and over, for a period of not more than 3 months.
See the public assessment report below for more information
Detail of feedback received
Five responses were received. Four responses supported the proposal, one was unsure about the proposal. One of the responses was confidential.
See all the responses to this consultation.
This consultation ran from
We want to know what you think about our proposal to Nasonex Allergy Control Nasal Spray available without prescription.
PDF, 7.72MB, 19 pages
MS Word Document, 253KB
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
We want to know what you think
- Nasonex Allergy Control 0.05% Nasal Spray is used to treat the symptoms of hayfever (also called seasonal allergic rhinitis) and perennial allergic rhinitis (this occurs throughout the year).
- Nasonex Allergy Control is only at the moment available on prescription.
- We propose to make it available in pharmacies.
- MHRA considers that this product can be available as a Pharmacy medicine.
- We want to know what you think about this change.
Please tell us your views using the form at the end of the attached pdf.
The deadline for comments is 12 December 2016.
Published: 21 November 2016
Updated: 10 July 2017
- Public assessment report and responses uploaded
- Added a Word version of the consultation response document.
- First published.