Download the full outcome
Detail of outcome
The Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) has agreed to reclassify Maloff Protect from a prescription only medicine (POM) to a Pharmacy (P) medicine in the UK for the prevention of malaria in adults weighing more than 40kg travelling to areas where malaria is widespread
See the public assessment report for more information.
Detail of feedback received
A total of 8 responses were received, of which 4 were in favour, 3 were not in favour and one was unsure. Two of the responses were confidential.
See all the responses to this consultation.
We want to know what you think
- Maloff Protect will be used in the prevention of malaria in adults travelling to areas where malaria is prevalent.
- Maloff, which contains the same active ingredients as Maloff Protect is only at the moment available on prescription.
- We propose to make Maloff Protect available in pharmacies.
- The MHRA considers that this product can be available as a Pharmacy medicine.
- We want to know what you think about this change.
Please tell us your views using the form at the end of the attached pdf.
The deadline for comments is 6 April 2017.