Download the full outcome
Detail of outcome
The Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) has agreed to reclassify Dovonex Psoriasis 50 microgram/g Ointment from a prescription only medicine (POM) to a Pharmacy (P) medicine in the UK for treatment of mild to moderate plaque psoriasis which has been previously diagnosed by a doctor in adults aged 18 years of age and over.
See public assessment report for more information.
Detail of feedback received
A total of 14 responses were received, of which 12 were in favour and 2 were not in favour. 4 of the responses were confidential and 1 partially confidential.
See all the responses to this consultation that are not confidential
We want to know what you think
- Dovonex Psoriasis 50 microgram/g Ointment is used to treat mild to moderate plaque psoriasis which has been previously diagnosed by a doctor in adults aged 18 years and over.
- Calcipotriol is only at the moment available on prescription (known as Dovonex Ointment).
- We propose to make it available in pharmacies without prescription.
- The Commission on Human Medicines has advised that this product can be available as a pharmacy medicine.
- We want to know what you think about this change.
Please tell us your views using the attached document.
This consultation closes at 5pm on 20 April 2017