Download the full outcome
Detail of outcome
A total of 7 responses were received, of which 6 were in favour of the reclassification and 1 was not in favour. 1 response requested that their response remain confidential.
See all the responses to this consultation that are not confidential.
Published: PDF, 521KB, 1 page
Published: PDF, 415KB, 1 page
Published: PDF, 817KB, 2 pages
Published: PDF, 608KB, 2 pages
Published: PDF, 2.01MB, 4 pages
Published: PDF, 37.3KB, 2 pages
Detail of feedback received
The Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) has agreed to reclassify Arthriex tablets (750mg and 1500mg) from a prescription only medicine (POM) to a Pharmacy (P) medicine in the UK for the relief of symptoms in mild to moderate osteoarthritis of the knee as diagnosed by a doctor.
See the public assessment report for more information.
We are considering making Arthriex 750mg and 1500mg film-coated tablets available to buy from pharmacies. We always want to involve the public and healthcare professionals in decisions that affect them. We want to know what you think about this change.
This consultation ran from
We want to know what you think
- Arthriex tablets are used for relief of symptoms in mild to moderate osteoarthritis of the knee as diagnosed by a doctor
- Arthriex tablets are only at the moment available on prescription.
- We propose to make it available in pharmacies.
- We consider that this product can be available as a Pharmacy medicine.
- We want to know what you think about this change.
Please tell us your views using the form at the end of this document.
The deadline for comments is 04 August 2017.
Published: 14 July 2017