Download the full outcome
Detail of outcome
This consultation concluded on 21 April 2016. The outcome report, final map area and site citation are attached on this page.
For more information on this site:
- visit the Designated Sites System
- type ‘Poole Harbour SPA’ into the site name field
- click on search
Special Protection Areas (SPAs) are special sites designated under the EU Birds Directive to protect rare, vulnerable and migratory birds.
The proposal for Poole Harbour is to:
- extend the boundary of the existing SPA to incorporate the subtidal areas of the harbour and also areas of Lytchett Bay now subject to tidal inundation
- add the new features:
- little egret
- Eurasian spoonbill
- Sandwich tern
This extended area is particularly important to these birds for feeding and resting and also contains important supporting habitats.
The proposal is available as a series of separate documents (attached above). You should:
- read the consultation summary that sets out the aims of the proposal
- read the departmental brief that provides the scientific explanation behind the proposal
- use the maps to locate the proposal site
Use the ‘respond online’ link below to give your views.