This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
Download the full outcome
Detail of outcome
We received 170 responses to this consultation.
- Guidance on the changes to the EU pet travel scheme from 29 December 2014
Seeking views on planned changes to the EU pet travel scheme.
This consultation was held on another website.
This consultation ran from
We want to know what you think about how we plan to implement changes to the EU pet travel scheme from 29 December 2014.
The new rules will apply across the EU. The main requirements of the pet travel scheme will not change, but a number of new controls will be introduced including:
- a more secure pet passport
- greater traceability of those vets issuing passports and certifying treatments
- new rules for pet owners travelling with more than five pets
In addition, we propose to introduce a maximum quarantine period, and to set minimum standards for the implantation of microchips.
We propose to introduce these changes through amendments to the Non-Commercial Movement of Pet Animals Order (2011), which will apply to Great Britain.
Published: 4 August 2014
Updated: 14 November 2014
- Section 10.2 amended to include further detail in relation to quarantine to make it clear that the four month maximum period relates to rabies requirements.
- Summary of responses added.
- First published.