Download the full outcome
Detail of outcome
The Department of Health and Social Care and NHS England held a public consultation that explored giving more people the right to have personal health budgets and integrated personal budgets.
This would give people more choice and control over the money spent on meeting their health and wellbeing needs.
The consultation ran from 6 April 2018 to 8 June 2018 and we received over 400 responses.
The government and NHS England’s response to the consultation sets out:
- what we heard over the course of the consultation
- our response to respondents’ views
- our next steps
The government is consulting on:
- extending the right to have a personal health budget to specific groups of people
- extending the right to have an integrated personal budget to specific groups of people
- whether individuals would welcome the opportunity to incorporate additional funding streams into integrated personal budgets