Download the full outcome
Detail of outcome
Individual responses sent in response to the government’s Green Paper consultation on parliamentary privilege.
The government received 11 responses to the Green Paper consultation on parliamentary privilege. The responses were received from:
- University of Lincoln, Dr Andrew Defty, Professor Hugh Bochel and Jane Kirkpatrick, School of Social Sciences
- Dr Adam Tucker, lecturer in law, University of Manchester
- Legislative Council Western Australia, Malcolm Peacock, clerk Parliament of Western Australia
- National Assembly of Zambia
- New Zealand House of Representatives, clerk
- Geoffrey Lock, ex House of Commons staff
- Sir William McKay, Clerk of the Commons 1998-2002
- Crown Prosecution Service
- The Press Association
- The Media Lawyers Association
- John Hemming MP
With the agreement of their authors, 10 responses to the consultation are published on this page. They will be considered by a joint select committee as part of their deliberations on the Green Paper. The Select Committee is due to report on 25th April.