Download the full outcome
Detail of outcome
Summary of responses we received, along with the government’s response outlining the next steps.
You can also read the guidance from the Secretary of State for Education to the Office for Students.
This consultation sets out the context for the creation of the Office for Students and for the proposed regulatory approach and the detail of that proposed approach.
This consultation seeks your views on:
- the proposed risk-based regulatory approach for the higher education sector
- the guidance on the conditions, behaviours and evidence for registration
- the approach to the transition of providers to the new regulatory framework
We are also providing:
- a summary of the consultation, focused on areas we expect to be especially of interest to students
- a summary impact assessment of the risk-based regulatory approach and OfS registration fees
We also held separate consultations on related subjects: