Limited liability partnerships (LLPs) and qualifying partnerships: deregulatory changes
This consultation has concluded
Download the full outcome
Detail of outcome
We will introduce legislation to align the financial reporting regimes for Limited Liability Partnerships (LLPs) and companies, and introduce new ‘micro-entities regimes’ for LLPs and qualifying partnerships.
The changes include:
- raising thresholds used to determine the size of LLPs
- limiting the number of mandatory notes required of small LLPs
- giving LLPs the opportunity to use alternative layouts when preparing their profit and loss accounts and balance sheet
- allowing small LLPs to prepare an abridged balance sheet and profit and loss account
- permitting the use of the ‘equity method’ in individual LLP statements
Deregulatory changes for limited liability partnerships (LLPs) and qualifying partnerships: responses
Published: ZIP, 5.15MB
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
Detail of feedback received
We received 13 responses from various organisations including:
- chartered accountancy bodies (2)
- accounting firms (7)
- representatives and other bodies (4)
This consultation ran from
We're seeking your views on proposed changes to financial reporting for limited liability partnerships and qualifying partnerships.
We’re seeking your views on proposed deregulatory changes for limited liability partnerships and qualifying partnerships.
To put the EU Accounting Directive in place, we made changes to the financial reporting framework for companies. These changes reduced regulation and administration. We propose introducing similar changes to financial reporting for LLPs and qualifying partnerships to:
- make sure LLPs can benefit from the same reporting process
- maintain consistency across business sectors
These changes include raising the thresholds for LLPs currently classed as small, and introducing a new ‘micro-entity regime’ for qualifying partnerships and the smallest of LLPs.
Published: 20 November 2015
Updated: 19 February 2016
- Added government response.
- Added public feedback.
- Updated paragraph 8.3 of consultation document. New text clarifies that the question of whether specific thresholds for the audit exemption should be introduced, and if so at what level, is still under consideration.
- First published.