Download the full outcome
Detail of outcome
The government has published its response to what people said about its proposals for mandatory training for health and care staff.
There is also an easy read version of the same response.
Please note: the original deadline for responding to this consultation has been extended by 2 weeks. It will now close on 26 April.
The government wants to know how we can make sure that health and social care staff have the right training to understand the needs of people with a learning disability and autistic people, and make reasonable adjustments to support them.
The consultation considers issues around the training and development staff need to better support people with a learning disability or autistic people.
We want to know what people think about our proposals on:
- the planned content of the training
- how the training should be delivered
- how to involve people with a learning disability or autistic people in training
- how we can mandate, monitor and evaluate the impact of training
The consultation will be of particular interest to:
- people with a learning disability or autistic people
- the families and carers of people with a learning disability or autistic people
- patient groups
- providers of health and social care services