We are analysing your feedback
Visit this page again soon to download the outcome to this public feedback.
The Investigatory Powers Tribunal Rules 2000 sets out, in greater detail than the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act, the procedures the IPT should follow.
They include further detail on:
- how the tribunal should proceed in its investigations and determinations
- how it should receive evidence
- in what circumstances it may disclose material provided to it
- how it should determine proceedings, including oral hearings
- how it should notify a complainant of the outcome
The IPT is content with the draft update to the rules, and a letter from the president of the IPT to the Home Secretary welcoming the consultation can be found at www.ipt-uk.com.