Download the full outcome
Detail of outcome
This report presents:
- the feedback received during the consultation period
- an analysis of the responses
- the government’s position following the consultation
Detail of feedback received
Summary of responses and government response on Examining the speed limit for HGVs over 7.5 tonnes on dual carriageway roads.
We are inviting views on a proposed maximum speed limit increase for heavy goods vehicles, over 7.5 tonnes, when travelling on dual carriageway roads. The speed limit will be increased from 50 to 60 miles per hour.
- HGV speed limits on dual carriageways ministerial statement 28 November 2014
- National speed limits for heavy goods vehicles, ministerial statement 24 July 2014
- £11 million boost for hauliers as speed limit raised, press release 24 July 2014
- Examining the speed limit for heavy goods vehicles over 7.5 tonnes on single carriageway roads consultation