Download the full outcome
Detail of outcome
The main conclusion of the review was that the Human Fertilisation and Embryology Authority performs necessary functions effectively and should continue to operate as an executive non-departmental public body.
The review also contains recommendations to improve performance, governance and efficiency.
The Department of Health reviews its arm’s length bodies once every 3 years.
This triennial review looks at the form, functions, governance and performance of the Human Fertilisation and Embryology Authority (HFEA).
We want to know your opinion on:
- whether the HFEA performs necessary functions
- whether these functions are delivered in the most effective way
- how well the HFEA performs
- whether it is efficient and provides good value for money
- whether the governance processes are appropriate and effective
We are also holding 2 workshops at the Department for Health for people who want to give their views in person. Places are limited and are allocated on a first come first served basis.
Book a place for the workshop on: